- Recognize women divers who have made outstanding contributions to the exploration, understanding, safety and enjoyment of our underwater world and
- Support the underwater world and its associated careers by promoting opportunities in diving through grants, scholarships, internships, and mentoring as well as a worldwide network of industry contacts.
- Establish WDHOF as the preeminent organization for recognizing the international accomplishments of women divers and empowering the next generation of ocean and waters systems advocates.
- Enrich the narrative of diving history, focusing on noteworthy contributions made by women divers since the inception of underwater diving.
- Encourage, enable, and actively support future generations of divers to explore, promote and protect our planet’s aquatic environment.
- Ensure we represent a diverse group of pioneers, innovators, and record holders who significantly contribute to our knowledge, skill, comprehension, safety and enjoyment of the underwater environment.
- Expand our outreach with scholarships and training grants to cultivate generations of diverse individuals who fervently enjoy and protect our planet’s water.
All Members shall be women of good standing and of excellent moral and ethical standards as a condition of nomination, selection, and continued affiliation.
WDHOF strives to cultivate an organization based on mutual respect, encouragement, mentorship, tolerance, and open-mindedness, thereby engendering a welcoming environment for all.
Our Bylaws have always stated that induction is open to accomplished women divers without regard to race, creed, color, age, religion, or sexual orientation.
WDHOF is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, both in terms of ideas and the people that form our organization. Our organization includes inducted Members as well as Associates and the people we support through our various programs.